How Your Energy Works!
You are energy! The laws of physics states that energy is not lost or destroyed in the universe, it is transformed. The power at work behind the body’s material appearance with its functions and capabilities consists of a complex energy system without which the physical body could not exist. As a reminder when working energetically, we live in a Universe that abhors a vacuum. Be mindful if you release something energetically, the universe attempts to fill the void. Therefore after releasing, consciously fill the void with what you desire.This energy system in which we work and live, consists of 3 basic components and 4 energy bodies.
There are 3 basic components:
- The subtle bodies or energy bodies
- The chakras or energy centers
- The nadis or energy channels
The term nadi, pronounced nade-eye is a Sanskrit word that means pipe or vessel. It’s function is to transport prana or vital energy throughout our subtle energy system. Prana, also a Sanskrit word means “absolute energy.”
Chakra another Sanskrit word, means wheel. Chakras act as receivers, transformers and distributors of the various forms of prana or absolute energy. Through the nadis, the chakras take up vital energy from our subtle energy bodies, our surroundings, the cosmos and the basis of all manifestation and transform the energy into frequencies needed by the various areas of the physical or subtle bodies for their sustenance and development. They in turn give off energy to their surroundings. Humans are in a continual energy exchange with the environment, the Universe and Creation.
There are 4 main energy bodies:
- The Ethereal Body – This layer of the aura resembles the physical body in shape and dimension and is often called the “ethereal twin.” It is what shapes the physical body, the vital creative energy of life and all physical sensation. It is formed anew with each reincarnation and dissolves within 3 to 5 days after death of the physical body. It mediates between the higher energy bodies and the physical body as it transfers information which we gain through our physical senses to the astral and mental bodies while simultaneously transporting energy and information from the higher bodies to the physical body. Connection to the ethereal body is through the solar plexus and the root chakra.
- The Astral Body – Also known as the emotional body is the carrier of feelings, emotions and character traits. It fills about the same space as the physical body and has a cloud like appearance. As a person develops in the areas of feelings, inclinations and character traits, the brighter and clearer the astral body will appear. It’s important to note that the astral body stores all our unresolved emotions, conscious and unconscious fears and aggressions as well as feelings of loneliness, rejection and lack of self confidence. This message, whether conscious or unconscious is passed on to the outer world. This is where the principal of the Law of Attraction comes into play. Emotional patterns of behavior or karma can only be resolved through the astral body. Once resolved, the astral body is free to express the wisdom, love and bliss of our Higher Self. Connection occurs through the heart and crown chakras.
- The Mental Body – Our thoughts, ideas, rational and intuitive perceptions make up the mental body. It possesses both a higher and lower octave. The lower octave is the linear thinking of the rational mind. The higher octave is meant to fulfill the purpose of taking universal truths from the spiritual plane and integrating them with the rational mind. This exchange then facilitates turning truths obtained into solutions in the physical world. Many times this knowledge happens when there is a sudden insight or a feeling of intuition. Images, sounds symbols and other avenues of intuition are then translated into verbal thoughts. The higher octave of the mental body is a connection of the third eye chakra and the crown chakra.
- The Spiritual Body – Known as the causative body possesses the highest vibrational frequency of all the energy bodies. The more highly evolved an individual is, the farther the aura will extend from the physical body. Be mindful that the highly evolved individual has mastered the auric body and is able to extend or contract the aura at will. It is through the spiritual body where we experience inner unity with all life; the Divine Being connection of all that is. When we create from this plane we are connected to all that exists in Creation. The Divine spiritual body is the part of us which is immortal. Only through the spiritual body is it possible to recognize Divine Source and the connection to our Divine blueprint. Connection to the spiritual body is through the crown chakra and other higher chakras .
These energy bodies can be further broken down into the 7 layers of the aura.